Friday, September 17, 2010

Friday, September 17th, 2010

Started training my buddy and fellow filmmaker this week. Currently he's still in the Air Force, but might be getting out soon....does media stuff of course. Anywho, he's broke and the school gym is free and I'm the closest thing to a trainer that he knows. Have him pretty much doing Starting Strength. Mention this because it will change up my schedule at CFCC and I'll be logging his stuff for him, at the very least until I can get him to keep a log book. He listens much better now, he's finally showing some consistentency and dedication. He even texted me the other day that he completely stopped drinking soda. Medium built guy, just needs some muscle and better dieting to get the goals he wants. Will be working out with him on M, W, and Friday. Then at CFCC on T, R, Sunday.

Last Week of First Wendler Cycle

Bench Press 5@40% 5@50% 5@60%
115
135
155
Fast and smoooooooth

Thruster 2x10, 1x5
95
135, wind sucker!
165, this shite is quite heavy, but I could probably do it for 10, but don't want to blow out shoulders for other stuff. Doing these because I caved in and will be doing a crossfit competition. Just for shits and giggles though, more of a fun community thing. I was told there will also be beer and food available.

Bar Dip 2x15, 1x20

then: 2 intervals of 1k row
1st interval: 1:43 sloooooooooow
rest 2 minutes
2nd interval: 1:56, I plead the fifth
Chalking this up to that's it's my fifth or sixth day on, my legs were shot from pistols, and I did some other stuff before. Regardless, still quite off my goal of sub 1:40s and off my PR of 1:38 and 1:43.

then: GHD sit-ups 1x20 with 10# med ball toss to partner, 1x15 with 25# plate behind head, 1x35 with one minute plank right after

Tom stuff:
Press: 3x5 @ 60, up from 50 on Monday
Hang Power Clean: 3x5 @ 65, just taught him this today. I understand why trainers freak out when somebody they coach learns something new. It's pretty cool.
Assisted Dip: 3x15 @ 70lbs resistance

From Wednesday
Low Bar Back Squat: 5x5 @ 115
Bench Press: 3x5 @ 75
Assisted Pull-up: 3x5 @ 40lbs resisted, pronated grip, 1x10 @ 60lbs resistance

No comments:

Post a Comment